- This event has passed.
Learning opportunity!! Sustainable Primary Production
Freshwater quality and climate change mitigation are inexplicably linked to the whole country creating a sustainable environment. The goal of a sustainable future is for both urban and rural New Zealand to tackle together and one that our Level 4 NZQA registered course can help provide some of the knowledge for!
The main topics (in no particular order) include:
- Soil and soil health
- Food forests and shelter
- Food Safety
- Intensive food growing
- Water conservation and wetlands
- Regenerative agriculture
- Biodynamics and seed saving
- Birds and Bees
And this is what we’ve heard from our Nelson coordinator:
- They have just made it FEES FREE. Whoooooppppp 😉
- We are going to do the lectures at Todd Valley
- I’d like to start on Sunday 10 September so we need to move fast!
- While Hort level 3 is a prerequisite, I’m prepared to consider experience in the area and good learning skills as an alternative.