Across our Earth, electricity powers the realities of daily life. In Aotearoa, the energy sector is responsible for 40% of our greenhouse gas emissions – 17% of this is transport, 8.5% in manufacturing and construction, 6% is electricity generation, and 7% is other energy sources.
Our group focuses on decreasing the 6% due to electricity generation and we do this by working towards:
- Opportunities for change in energy supply and consumption for individuals, households, workplaces, councils, and our region as a whole
- Building diversity of supply
- Supply resilience and creation
- Conversion from fossil energy to sustainable energy sources
- Recognizing the links to transport and urban development, and the capacity to join microgrids.
We work individually and collectively on projects and initiatives and hold monthly group Zoom meetings to stay coordinated in our efforts.
Anyone keen to learn more or join is welcome to get in touch.